Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Outdated Kitchen

So my first few posts are just going to be past projects that I've done so that I can include everything on here😊

1. The Kitchen
When we bought our house, we wanted something that was functional to live in while we updated it, so this was it. I loved the set up of the kitchen so everything worked out when we updated it. 

It took a few weeks but we got all of the cabinets and walls painted. We didn't paint INSIDE the cabinets because we we still living in the house, and with three dogs, leaving food around just wasn't an option. 

Started by taking the cabinet doors off and bringing them to the garage. 


We were thankful enough to have a friend with a sprayer so all of the cabinet doors were sprayed. 

I read a lot about whether to paint the walls or the cabinets first and I obviously chose the walls. It wasn't too horrible, but painting the cabinets first would have been quicker because I wouldn't of had to tape off the cabinets (when painting the walls) to turn around and tape the walls when painting the cabinets. I bought lots of tape...

After many coats of white paint and then hanging the cabinet doors up (and then a couple more coats because of the way the doors looked in the light) we were all done with the painting. 

We had ordered the flooring from Lowe's and thankfully my husband is handy enough to install it! 

Tahdahhhhhhh the finished product:



No comments:

Post a Comment